- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 leafs basil, diced
- 3 cups spinach (or other mild green), chopped
- 6 mussels, meats only (if still in the shell, remove from shell)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- sprinkle of oregano, dried
- salt and pepper
- In a medium frying pan add 1 Tbsp coconut oil and the shallots. Roast on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook until they start getting tender.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce the heat slightly, cooking for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the garlic, basil and spinach. Cover the pan and let the steam cook everything.
- In a separate pan, add the other Tbsp of coconut oil and the mussels. Fry them in the oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels to the zucchini pan. Add the balsamic and spices. Give everything a good stir and serve.