For the ice cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cocao powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
For the crumble
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup apple puree (take a small apple and blend it until smooth)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbspcoconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients for the ice cream into a Nutribullet cup or blender and blend until smooth
- Add to a small dish and place in the freezer
- Freeze for at least 3 hours
- Now to the crumble – In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, apple puree and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Add mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread out evenly
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the mixture starts to brown
- Remove from the oven
- In a small bow, scoop balls of ice cream into it
- Sprinkle with the desired amount of crumble (you will have left overs)
- (Optional) – you can drizzle with honey or sweeter of choice. This is a low sugar recipe.