- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup apple puree (take a small apple and blend it until smooth)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbspcoconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, apple puree and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before trying to handle them or else they will crumble.