- 1 Marrow/ Knuckle bones from grass-fed animals
- Apple Cider Vinegar (or any vinegar, which extracts the nutrients from the bones)
- In a crock pot add the bones and pour in enough water to just cover the top of the bone.
- Add a splash of the apple cider vinegar.
- Turn the crockpot to high and let simmer for 4-8 hours
- Then turn the crockpot to low and continue to heat for as long as you prefer, the longer it cooks the more nutrients will be extracted from the bones. I prefer around 2 days.
- When the broth is done, pour it through a mesh strainer and then transfer into mason jars and leave out until it cools to room temperature.
- Store in the fridge, or if you prefer you can skim the layer of fat off before you do so. Keep in mind you can cook with it for later uses!