- 4 large onions, roughly sliced;
- ½ tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 4 cup. bone broth;
- ½ cup coconut milk;
- 4 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt the ghee or coconut oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions to the melted fat, sauté until tender and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and give everything a good stir.
- Pour in the bone broth, bring to a boil, and then let simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and seasoning to the saucepan
- Pour the soup into a blender and purée until you get smooth texture.