- 1/2 onion
- 2 handfuls arugula
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- fresh mixed herbs, chopped finely
- sea salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 oz smoked salmon, cut into 6 – 1″ squares
- 1/4 avocado
- 3 Tbsp broth, water or coconut milk
- In a medium skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add in arugula and cook until wilted
- Remove from heat
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, coconut milk, water, herbs and optional seasoning
- Grease a muffin tin, filling only 6 spots
- Divide the arugula mixture evenly between the 6 spots
- Then divide the egg mixture over the arugula
- With a knife, stir the cups so they are distributed evenly
- Put in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when poked
- Add the avocado and liquid of choice to a blender or Nutribullet cup. Start will adding just a little bit of liquid and adding more if needed.
- Pulse until smooth. The mixture should be creamy
- When ready, remove the egg frittatas from the oven.
- For each frittata add a smoked salmon square to each.
- Dollop each salmon square with the avocado creme and serve