- 1/2 (6 oz) can of wild tuna or salmon in water, drained
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh mixed herbs (or 1 Tbsp dried oregano)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Paprika, dill, turmeric, or chili powder to taste (optional)
- Sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil
- Lemon wedges
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the tuna or salmon, eggs, and coconut milk. Add in mixed herbs (or oregano), garlic powder, onion powder, and a sprinkle of sea salt. If desired add in paprika, dill, turmeric, or chili powder for additional flavoring. Mix well.
- Using your hands form mixture into 2 patties.
- Heat a large skillet with the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Make sure the pan is hot before putting in the cakes.
- Once hot, place the fishcakes in the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and warmed through.
- Splash with lemon, add a dollop of tomato sauce on the top (optional but a game changer, highly recommend)
Note – I’ve put these on a bed of sauteed greens with some sauerkraut and it was heavenly! You can eat by themselves or eat sandwich style too. Very versatile.