- 1/2 onion
- 2 handfuls kale
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 oz smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 Tbsp coconut oil.
- Add in onions, and cook until golden – about 5-10 minutes
- Stir in the kale and cook until it is wilted, stirring occasionally
- Move kale mixture to a plate, keeping the skillet for later use
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks, coconut milk and oregano until well mixed.
- Using the same skillet, heat over medium heat and melt the remaining coconut oil.
- Once melted pour in the egg mixture and gently stir with a wooden spoon or spatula as the eggs begin to cook creating soft curds.
- Once the eggs have begun to set but still very moist add in the smoked salmon and kale mixture. Gently stir to evenly distribute.
- Once the eggs are fully set and no longer runny remove from the heat and garnish salt and pepper to taste.
Note – You can splash the coconut aminos over the top. If you have it, use it! I love the flavor. But it’s good without as well.