- 1 medium-sized acorn squash, halved with seeds removed;
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion;
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder;
- 2 cups vegetable stock or bone broth;
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup coconut milk;
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Place the halved squash on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and curry powder in the melted coconut oil until the onions are tender.
- When the squash is ready and slightly cooled, scoop out the flesh of the squash and add to the saucepan.
- Add the vegetable stock and garlic powder. Reduce to a simmer and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Using a Nutribullet, blender or food processor, blend the mixture until you get a smooth texture. Return it to the pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk, season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until heated through, then serve fresh or store in the fridge for later use.