- 1/2 spaghetti squash, that was cut lengthwise
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- handful of spinach
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- Sea salt, pepper, seasonings to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove and discard (or keep for later to bake) the seeds in the spaghetti squash
- Put 1/2 squash on a baking sheet, coating the rim in a small amount of olive oil
- Cook squash for 30 minutes
- In a medium pot, boil a cup or two of water. Putting a steamer pot on top, add the broccoli in the upper steamer section. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, add coconut oil and onions and cook for about 10 minutes until golden brown
- Add spinach and let them only wilt slightly
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks
- Mince the clove of garlic and set aside.
- Add the egg yolks to the skillet and keep mixing until they are cooked through and evenly distributed
- Once squash is done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a minute or two. Then scrape out the inner stands with a fork and add that to the skillet
- Add the tomato sauce and optional seasonings and let it cook until warm.
- Remove from heat and serve, either back in the shell of the squash or in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on top.