- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp gram masala
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups lentils
- 3 medium red and/or green apples, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 green onion
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add yellow onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ginger and garlic, cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomato paste, curry powder, salt, and garam marsala, broth and lentils. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add apples to skillet. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes more or until lentils are tender. Gradually stir in spinach.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.