- 1 1/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, raisins or cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- scant 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the sunflower seeds, coconut, sesame seeds, dried fruit, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the syrup and whisk until uniform. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and fold\ quickly to incorporate it before the mixture becomes too sticky. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth out the top with the back of an oil-greased spatula.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Crack the brittle into pieces and store them in a sealed container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
A big thanks to Sprouted Kitchen for this one!