- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (spicy!, may reduce or eliminate)
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it’s softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne and cook until fragrent, about 1 minute.
- Stir in zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper; cook until they’re softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and beans.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.