- 3 cups fresh or frozen berry of choice
- 3 Tbsp pure maple sugar or other liquid sweetener substitute
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the berries and maple syrup and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly mash the berries with a fork, leaving some whole for texture.
- Stir in the chia seeds until thoroughly combined and cook until the mixture thickens to desired consistency, or about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the jam is thick, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Add more sweetener to taste, if desired.
Note: If using strawberries, they don’t mash as easily as the other berries. I would enlist the help of your food processor to get started.