- 2 ripe but firm avocados
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot (or onion)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice, seed, peel and dice the avocado. For help, see directions in the post.
- Place diced avocado in a medium bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, cilantro, shallot or onion, lime juice, salt and pepper and gently stir together. For a creamier guacamole, add the diced pieces to a bowl or mortar and pestle. Mash avocado as much as you prefer, then add the rest of the ingredients.