- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, diced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 cup peas
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large and deep pan and cook chopped onions, garlic and cilantro over low heat for 10 minutes until soft and slightly colored.
- Meanwhile dice the butternut squash to match the size of the chickpeas. I leave the skin on
- When the onions are tender andd the curry powder and cook for a minute stirring the whole time.
- Add squash, chickpeas, coconut milk, water and salt, bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 35-40 minutes. Stirring occasionally. If it starts getting dry and a dash of water.
- Uncover and let the liquid cook down for a few more minutes.
- Stir in peas, spinach. Cover with a lid and take off heat.
- Serve by itself or over rice.