- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 acorn squash, seeds removed, sliced in ½ inch thick rounds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cups whole pecans
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 pomegranate, arils removed
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil.
- Cover the squash slices with salt and pepper, then add them to the skillet cooking until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat a small sauce pan over low heat and add pecans and agave or honey.
- Toast until they are golden and fragrant, stirring them as they toast for about 5 minutes.
- Toss them with the cinnamon.
- Add the arugula to a large bowl. Add in avocado, pomegranate arils, pecans and squash pieces.
- Add your own dressing to taste or try my Pomegranate Ginger Vinaigrette!